Getting started with WordPress doesn’t need to be difficult. In fact, it’s pretty easy with the tools we’ve setup for you. Just look for the blue smiley in your web hosting control panel and you’re already 90% done.
Here’s how to do it
- Log into your cPanel account and click the Fantastico icon (happily pictured below).
- With the Fantastico window open, click on the WordPress link located in the Blogs section.
- The WordPress page will open and you will see a short description of what it is.
- Verify that you have enough free space and then click the New Installation link.
- You will see the New Installation options.
- Now we have to define the configuration. First is the installation location.
- Install on Domain: From the drop down, your domain should be selected. (If not select it).
- Install in Directory: Leave this blank if you want WordPress to be installed in the root of the domain. For example you will access WordPress at http://www.yoursite.com/. If you want to specify a different directory, type it in this field. For example if you put “blog” in the field, the url will be http://www.yoursite.com/blog/.
- Admin nickname: the name you want to display for the admin account.
- Admin e-mail: the email address of the admin
- Site name: your domain
- Description: What your site is about.
- Once your return to the WordPress Overview page, you will see that you have WordPress install in the “Current Installations” section. Click the Visit Site button to view your new site.
- If you can see the site, your installation was successful.
- You can now start adding content to your site, change the layout, and take advantage of the power of the WordPress system. To login click the link on the menu to the right. Your username and password will be the ones that you enter earlier for the administrator. Good Luck!
- If you need help getting started once WordPress is installed, check out our WordPress Getting Started guide.